I have now been in Japan for over 10 months. I have been living in a small rural town, and attempting to teach Eigo to Nihon-jins who really can't be arsed. But i have done some awesome travelling and had some amazing experiences!

Monday, July 16, 2007

week 49

I ran Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday this week which felt really good, as I managed some decent ish length runs in the sticky humidity and rain. On Tuesday I headed into Fukui with Jand K to look at outfits for the approaching Sayonara party. Unfortunately we had no luck, but they did show me a pretty funky second hand store where I had a good old rummage around. But however good the recycle shop- they still have THAT smell… we had 100 yen sushi afterwards, and a good old azuki delight from starbucks!

Wednesday was july 4th so I jumped on the American bandwagon and went out with a few people to celebrate our independence, wooo! We went to coco’s and I as usual took advantage of the drink bar. I like it in coco’s. I always feel quite mellow in there. It is fun to watch the staff do their happy birthday song and dance for that special birthday person too! I am sure they must have to do at least a week’s training for that alone!

On Thursday I met Mr Mura and Gallina to do paperwork for my car, and then Friday evening I went to tennis and then to Beata’s for a small get together. It was a really nice relaxed event to mark beata moving out of her awesome apartment.

On Saturday I was up at a stupid time in order to go to the blind school in fukui and help with their English day. I had been before to play floor volleyball which was great fun, so I decided to volunteer again- even though it was a SATURDAY. It turned out to be a fun day although there weren’t that many students. The highlight of the day for me was learning about Braille and then using a Braille type writer to practice writing. It was really amazing to watch one of the students type at full speed and also read the Braille.

That evening was the sayonara party at Zeniyas. It was a party for all the ALTs in the prefecture and involved lots of delicious food and drink. It was a nice event, and good to see everyone scrubbed and looking smart.

Sunday involved a good tennis and Frisbee session followed by sushi with John, Kim, Andy, Beata, Melissa and Steven. Weird to think that that sushi may have been my last at that orgasmic restaurant. Sniff sniff.

No comments: