I have now been in Japan for over 10 months. I have been living in a small rural town, and attempting to teach Eigo to Nihon-jins who really can't be arsed. But i have done some awesome travelling and had some amazing experiences!

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

week 52

SO THIS IS IT



THE FINAL CURTAIN


On monday i finished all the cleaning, packing, paid the final bills and headed off to Osaka with becca. Tanaka sensei came to see me off at the station which was fantastic and meant a lot to me. the goodbye with my supervisor felt a little odd and indifferent which i was suprised at though. But i had too many thoughts in my head to become upset or saddened by this. Becca and i spent our last evening in japan together. we were staying in a dodgey area but managed to find a more lively area to eat and have a few beers. it was a relaxed evevning to contemplate the last years' events and memories.

on tuesday we then were up early and to the airport. Becca was departing at 11am and i was off at midday on my mammoth journey home! i had to fly to kota kinablu, kuala lumpa and the london. it took about 28hrs all in all which was shattering, but i managed it, and enjoyed wandering around KL airport and doing a little shopping. the malaysian airline flights were all on time and efficient which was nice seeing as i was sat on their planes for an obscene amount of time. i slept, read, watched movies, listened to music, and thought about the year gone and the future to come. I really was full of emotions and didnt know what to make of anything.

No comments: