I have now been in Japan for over 10 months. I have been living in a small rural town, and attempting to teach Eigo to Nihon-jins who really can't be arsed. But i have done some awesome travelling and had some amazing experiences!

Sunday, January 21, 2007

week 24

This week was again a little sad. I had the Monday off as it was a holiday. So I spent the day playing tennis in fukui which was good and I was happy to get back into it and see all the other members But Tuesday to Friday I went to school and I was not in the mood to teach. But I did and I taught about Cambodia which I enjoyed. I also went to tea ceremony which I ALWAYS love, and to my adult English class which was also a lot of fun this week as we were talking about the vacation. I met up with a group to have coffee on Wednesday in Starbucks which I love doing. It was cool to exchange stories and catch up on the fjets gossip!

Friday night I went to bears after tennis as there was a big gathering to celebrate the peoples birthdays who we missed while on vacation. It was an ok evening but I was driving and I don’t really like beign in such big groups. It isn’t very sociable or intimate I don’t think. On Saturday I went to mikuni with john and kim to have a walk along the beach. Unfortunately the beach we had visited for the fireworks back in august looked like a completely different place. It was covered in litter, looked tiny and had masses of power plants in view! There were a big group of surfers in the non surfable freezing water, and it began to sleet on us. Apart from that it was great. Luckily we did manage to find a woodland walk away from the beach, which was a little nicer but I was frozen! We followed the walk with sushi and then the three of us headed into fukui to meet andy and go to a surprise bday party for donna. I had a really nice evening chatting to people and drinking the delicious home made ume shu Mayoumi gave me as a new years gift. Soooooooooooo good!

On Sunday gallina invited myself and jordana to a get together at her host family’s house in awara. I think it was in aid of new year but I’m still not sure. Whatever it was for, I was there and I was happy eating the delicious spread that had been put on, drinking the non alcoholic grape drink, colouring with the kids, learning about aromatherapy from the host mum who looks like a very good beauty therapist and aroma therapist. She let us drink her amazing herbal teas and gave us a quick colour therapy test to see which colour and corresponding smell alleviates stress in each of us. I am grapefruit apparently in case you ever need to calm me down.. it was such a fantastic and relaxed event. I felt so welcome by them, and as a leaving gift we got a bag full of beef tomatoes! A girl can always use a bit of beef tomato.

No comments: