I have now been in Japan for over 10 months. I have been living in a small rural town, and attempting to teach Eigo to Nihon-jins who really can't be arsed. But i have done some awesome travelling and had some amazing experiences!

Sunday, October 01, 2006

week 9

the first week where there isnt much to report actually!! i have been working really hard at school, usually arriving at school at 7.45 and not leaving till 6 or half 6. I'm really busy at school and dont really stop working the whole day, which i enjoy, but its tiring. Teaching is going well although its hard to get use to the japanese hardly ever handing out praise or positive comments so sometimes it feels like my work is in vain. But one of my JTEs said that i had been working very hard, so maybe it's not always completely unnoticed. I had my taiko class this week which was fab as before. I love the feeling i get when i get into the rhythm of a set. It's amazing. I also had tennis and went to a couple of sessions to do with teaching elementary school kids, because i start this coming thursday! I will be visiting 4 elementary schools once a term for a day each. The kids have NO english and are very very energetic. but i reckon it will be great fun and a good change.

On friday night, meagan, becca and i went to the indoor rock climbing centre in Fukui and had an hour trying to climb some of the routes. It was heaps of fun and i didnt break any bones, although my arms were dead for most of the weekend. Becca then stayed over and the following day we chilled out and went to Lake Kitagata and Tojinbo to have a wander. It was a lovely sunny day and it was nice to just relax and not manically run around like usual.

No comments: